Elevate Your Career with an Accelerated BSN Program
Our Accelerated BSN Program is designed to prepare a graduate nurse for entry-level practice in a variety of healthcare settings and to contribute to quality patient outcomes.
Complete your BSN in as little as 15 months
The University of Bridgeport School of Nursing (UBSN), Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program is designed for those students who hold a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing. This accelerated track incorporates the previous non-nursing bachelor’s level course education and experience and allows the student to earn a BSN degree in fifteen months.
- 120 total credit hours
- 64 General Education credit hours
- 56 Nursing credit hours
Time to Completion
Program can be completed in as little as 15 months
No SAT Required
Grow Your Education and Your Career
UB offers an exceptional Accelerated BSN Program in Connecticut. ABSN students begin clinical experiences in the fall semester. Clinical sites vary depending on course objectives and content. Sites include local hospitals, such as Bridgeport Hospital, schools, medical offices, and more. Clinical hours include laboratory and simulation experiences in all nursing clinical courses.
- Apply the nursing process to provide patient-centered, evidence-based, clinically competent, contemporary professional nursing care.
- Promote healthy lifestyles through health education, health promotion strategies and population-focused interventions.
- Comprehend system-based practice and its impact on safe, quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice.
- Practice within the values, ethics, and legal standards of professional nursing.
The Office of Student Financial Services at UB will help bring your goals within reach by connecting you with a variety of federal, state and private programs that offer loans, grants, scholarships and other awards. There are many financial aid options available to prospective students.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at The University of Bridgeport is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)